Don’t you know that there are 15 different types of clouds in Salesforce? Salesforce is more than just a single CRM tool; it’s a collection of tools and services designed to serve different functions.
So what do all these Salesforce clouds do? In this article, you’ll discover Salesforce’s six major clouds, as well as another nine more targeted clouds, and learn about their essential features and functions.
- Salesforce tools and services are called “clouds.”
- Salesforce offers six major types of clouds: Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud, and Analytics Cloud.
- There are nine other types of clouds in Salesforce for specific applications and industries, including a new Vaccine Cloud for managing COVID tests and vaccines.
Major Types of Clouds in Salesforce
Salesforce Sales Cloud
Salesforce Sales Cloud is perhaps the company’s most popular cloud. It automates the sales process, drives lead generation, and facilitates communication across multiple channels. Sales Cloud is used by sales reps and sales managers in both B2B and B2C segments.
One of the primary reasons businesses employ Sales Cloud is to increase sales – and it works. According to Salesforce, companies using Sales Cloud register a 37% increase in win rate and a 44% increase in productivity. Other research indicates that using Sales Cloud can increase conversion rates by anywhere from 40% to 300%.
Sales Cloud offers several important features for businesses of all types, including:
- Account data and contact management
- Lead management and tracking
- Opportunity and product management
You can add some modules to enhance Sales Cloud’s functionality. Some of the more popular modules include:
- Customer 360 Data Manager – connects customer experiences across multiple departments and channels
- Sales Path – helps qualify leads more quickly
- Einstein AI – provides lead scoring and predictive analysis for smarter decision making
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud, formerly known as Exact Target, works to automate your company’s marketing activities. Marketing Cloud helps you to engage in real time with customers across a variety of channels, including email and social media. It also helps track individual customers throughout the multiple touchpoints of their journey. It lets you create personalized one-on-one communications that can lead to increased sales.
Marketing Cloud features several useful marketing tools, including:
- Email Studio – creates personalized, targeted emails
- Data Studio – to help you monetize your customer data
- Social Studio – to connect social data with your marketing activities
- Advertising Studio – to engage with customers via social media, customer service, and other channels
- Mobile Studio – to manage push notifications via SMS messages
- Interaction Studio – to connect online and offline touchpoints
Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a platform for managing ecommerce activities. It’s designed specifically for B2C companies that offer their services online.
Some of the most important features of Commerce Cloud include:
- Channel management across offline, digital, mobile, and social channels
- Roadmaps for planning customer journeys
- Cloud scalability
- LiveMessage to automate many important customer functions